Koskov-Koskov's Dwelling of Enjoyment

This is my dwelling of enjoyment. If you hate people who wear fcuk t-shirts and enjoy low quality community television - this might be the place for you.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

We Found Him

That's right, children. By keeping my ears open during the credits for Crazy Crosswords and with some inventive research - I've done it.

I have found Steele Jensen.

http://www.thecomedychannel.com.au/whatsOn/comedianProfiles.aspx?c=13

As it turns out, to protect his identity (clearly so as to avoid stand-up comedy venues overflowing and thus causing riots and deaths), Steele has assumed the name of Jonathan Atherton. He recently 'spent 18 months performing throughout the UK and the US where he stunned audiences there with his remarkable ability for parody and political comment'. He also got the job as anchorman on the Discovery Channel's Lonely Planet.

I'll concede that the discovery is a little bitter-sweet for me. Sweet because he isn't dead (and for another exciting reason i'll mention in the next paragraph) but slightly bitter because Steele's huge success in international stand-up comedy and television has most likely ruined all my boyhood dreams of another series of Crazy Crosswords *sob*.

But now to the exciting stuff - Steele or 'Jonathon Atherton' (what kind of a name is Jonathon anyway?) will be performing three stand-up gigs at the Sit Down Comedy Club in Paddington between December the 16th and 18th! Even better news for me is that at the time of the show i'll be living about 150 metres from the venue and intend to ask Steele back to my house for an iced tea. If I'm feeling brave I might even ask if he'd like to do a crossword with me. God bless you, Steele. Here are the details of his Paddington gig. I expect to see you all there.

http://www.standup.com.au/show_event.asp?event_id=7414


Our Beloved Steele

now, if only I can find Velvet....

5 Comments:

At 12:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

id love to be there yuri, as i enjoy comedy shows, such as "everyone loves raymond" and "the OC", but unfortunately i am not in brisbane (or NSW either)and so will not be there. get him to sign a napkin for me though. have it addressed to commies friend.
:o)

 
At 2:40 pm, Blogger Biggles said...

I will forgive you for not knowing who Steele is as you didnt have a television at college and are unable to get the briz31 signal in Kingaroy. I will get you the napkin on the condition that you become a regular viewer of the program when you return to brisbane.

Oh, and please get rid of the emoticons in future. They aren't welcome here, even though you are.

 
At 12:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will endevour to discover this show titled 'crazy crosswords", as it sounds like hours of fun.

the emoticons are all over these blogs, but in future will no stain your eyes.

D5

 
At 7:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you watch Velvet's niko closely you'll see who is the real boss of crazt Crosswords. HInt - Steele is the jokes guy.

Do you think the contestants are part of their fast diminishing social circle? They seem pretty content with the taking of hard earned balls from their baskets and Steele's foul play in general.

What era was it filmed in anyway? Or is Velvet adamantly hoping to revive balck and white checked mid-riffs that have a corporate collar and, well, no middle?

Please inform Yuri - I get the feeling that if anyone would know it would be you.

Tah ( in anticipation)

 
At 8:04 pm, Blogger Biggles said...

it was filmed in 1995

 

Post a Comment

<< Home