Koskov-Koskov's Dwelling of Enjoyment

This is my dwelling of enjoyment. If you hate people who wear fcuk t-shirts and enjoy low quality community television - this might be the place for you.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Koskov-Koskov's Great Celebrity Encounters - Episode 2

Celebrity: Dave McCormack
Date of Encounter: July 7th, 2005


I was at Ric's to witness performances by Dave McCormack and the Polaroids as well as Gentle Ben and his Sensitive Side. Being a particularly intimate venue with no real backstage to speak of (if you were to identify an area as the backstage, it would be the bar), all the band members were just waltzing around drinking and laughing amongst the crowd. For a portion of the interim before Gentle Ben's set began, McCormack was standing in front of the stage talking to some women.

At this time I was leaning against one of the tables facing the stage, which meant that Dave, along with being only 1 or 2 metres away, was always in my peripheral vision. During this period, on at least 5 occasions, our eyes met for a brief but awkward moment. Each time this happened I could never work out who initiated the eye contact. One or two of the times it was definitely me. The other times, I was tempted to point the finger at Dave.



If this wasn't already exciting enough, the icing on the cake came later in the night just when McCormack was walking on stage for his show. I was standing right up against the stage, McCormack approached and I had to move a little to let him through. When he went through he said 'sorry, mate'.


6 Comments:

At 10:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if he is really a celebrity.

I was at a football camp in year seven, and participated in drills with Robert Harvey, Nathan Burke, Nicky Winmar, and Andy Collins. Andy Collins played back pocket for Hawthorn, and won a couple of grand finals, and was quite a disciplinarian. I didn't like disciplinarians. Andy was giving a drill and I was talking, so he told me to run a lap of the oval. I said I wasn't going to. He insisted, and called me a "little smartarse". I told him to "piss off". I then was banished to an early lunch. I still hate Andy Collins.

 
At 10:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Koskov,

I was once at a friends house, whose parents were selling their house. A buyer came to look around, whose name was Darrel Summers. He only stayed a minute because someone was waiting in the car for him. To this day I am certain that person was........

Ozzy Ostrich.

My theory was that Darrel and Ozzy were involved in some kind of concubinage relationship, and the house was being bought for the purposes of abducting children and having Ozzy sexually assault them at night, dumping them off the nearby cliffs in the morning, and burning their familiies houses.

 
At 11:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is Darrell Summers?

 
At 8:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whilst in Washington earlier this year I had a conversation with Michael Schaffer. Schaffer had recently one a Nobel Prize for his work in international criminal law and represents the United States if they appear in the International Court of Justice.

My compatriot and I who were engaged in conversation witht he great man were both extremely drunk, having finished a litre bottle of Cointreu between us prior to attending the function where we ran into Schaffer. I don't remember a lot, but witnesses say he was very amused by the two of us passing hip flask of bourbon back and forth, and continually asking him to "tell us about his book".

 
At 2:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack hopes all have updated your versions of firefox, but now, something bigger:

www.bigad.com.au

Jack demands all go there and watch.

 
At 5:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

in the spirit of akwardness I've been reading a blog lately called outer life

http://www.outerlife.com/

Its fucking gold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home