Koskov-Koskov's Dwelling of Enjoyment

This is my dwelling of enjoyment. If you hate people who wear fcuk t-shirts and enjoy low quality community television - this might be the place for you.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Job Interview

Hi everyone!

I just met my new employer three days ago and I had a dictaphone on me so I figured I'd record the initial interview. It was interesting! Here's the dictation.

-------------------------------

[Koskov Enters]

[Seamus O'Reilly is sitting with his feet up on the desk, typing into a mobile phone]

Koskov-Koskov: Excuse me, Mr. O'Reilly, I'm here about the P.I. work.

[O'Reilly doesn't look up from his mobile]

O'Reilly: Yeah, little buddy. 'Uno momento' .

[Waves his arm to the chair. Koskov takes a seat as O'Reilly continues typing away at a text message. Silence ensues for 10 seconds before O'Reilly finally looks up at Koskov. ]

O'Reilly:
You're not black.

Koskov-Koskov:
Um, no...

O'Reilly:
[mumbling as he scribbles on a pad] Well, that'll be a problem for my night missions...

Koskov-Koskov: Sorry?

O'Reilly: So you're not black. How good are you at creeping around in the dark, smoking and making very little noise?

Koskov-Koskov:
Well, I played spotlight once when I was in primary school...

O'Reilly: Were you smoking?

Koskov-Koskov:
No. What's the job description here, exactly?

O'Reilly: [Strokes his non-existant beard] Well, here's the thing; I'm a pretty big deal in the Private Investigations scene. People text me, as you saw, or they fax me [points to dusty fax machine] special 'assignments' for me to complete. Naturally, my cunning intellect and keen sense of danger sees me through all these assignments without a hitch - but the butter only spreads so far. I need some help. Backup. Reinforcements.

Koskov-Koskov: Well, you read my resume. Am I qualified?

O'Reilly: I don't care much for resumes. You've got a twinkle in your eye. Not just anyone can fight crime - but I think you've got 'it'. That's enough.

Koskov-Koskov: Well, that's nice.

O'Reilly:
[chuckling] I like you, kid. You've got a certain finesse that young kids just lack these days [points to a picture of three mentally retarded children on a swingset]

Koskov-Koskov: Uh huh.

O'Reilly: Now, if I were to ask you to take up smoking to get the job, would you be willing to? [begins sifting through a drawer] I use an ingenius smoke-signal communication style in my P.I. work. If you need to send messages, it's all in the puff. [Pulls out a cigarette, and hands it to Koskov] Light it up now, and taste the smooth flavours within.

Koskov-Koskov: [Takes a drag and start's coughing] Sorry - the only time I've ever smoked was during grade 10 drama when I had to puff a herbal cigarette to 'get into character'. [still coughing]

O'Reilly: Ok this is a problem. I like you, Michael, and I want to give you the job. But first, you're going to have to learn how to smoke. There's no other way. If you're in the car, eating a meringue and I'm over on the corner up against a post under the streetlight and puffing away communicating to you that I need you to come around the South-west entrance on Sussex Street, I'm going to need you to be puffing back. It's that simple.

[pulls out a pack of cigarettes]

O'Reilly: I'm sending you away now and I want you to smoke this entire pack tonight whilst watching the first series of Magnum P.I. [points to comically large poster of Tom Selleck on wall] Selleck will show you the way. He's a cool guy. Get to know him. Report back here at 9am, no make it 10am - no, actually, make it 1pm and show me you can puff like a man. Then you'll have the job. What say you Michael?

Koskov-Koskov:
It's Yuri.

O'Reilly:
[laughing] I like a man with a sense of humour!

Koskov-Koskov: I'm in. I'll see you tomorrow, Mr. O'Reilly. Thank you for this opportunity.

O'Reilly: It's my pleasure. Just keep your wits about you son - it's a fucking jungle out there.

--------------------------------------------------

24 Comments:

At 6:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guessed wrong, Dr Gonzo!

Do not be so quick to judge - I am recommending that you take some time out of the star-jumping routine to work on your cognitive ability.

I must also point out the desperate futility of your little star-jumping routine. You see I am a man of exceptional physique and beauty; I am stronger, taller, faster, and more physically well-adjusted than you may ever hope to be.

The starjumps simply seem to put various parts of your body awkwardly out of proportion with several others. Take for example your penis, which is now so long it's basically useless.

Your favourite,
The Sarajevo Seven.

 
At 7:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, well,

how soon we forget Sarajevo. I beat you in the tennis ball throwing competition. I am better than you.

Go and get some chips, I'm hungry, and Katy is a pig. I know who you are Katy, or should I say, Nurse Betty.

Regards,

 
At 7:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Micheal Jackson?

 
At 8:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OHHHHH!!!....who would have thought that nurse betty is Katy?...Dr. Gonzo...wake up you fat pog!! ...or should i say Tom.

 
At 8:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nurse Betty,

You have a foul mouth and a very limited vocabulary. You're not very intelligent are you? I suggest you visit student services and seek some advice on writing skills.

I am much smarter than you. What degree are you doing?

I am better looking than you.

I have more friends.

You are a sad, ugly, lonely, little person who needs sex.

By constantly talking about me you are highlighting your insecurities and complete jealousy of me.

Please, ring student services, it may help you avoid embaressments like your results from today. You need a lot of help in your writing skills, but perhaps, if you apply yourself, and ask your parents to spend a lot of money on tuutoring, you may be able to scrape an occasional 4.

Regards,

 
At 9:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dr gonzo your losing your touch sounds like you're pretty cut over the star jumps and penis comments

 
At 9:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

also, who besides your mum has ever described you as goodlooking? just a query.

 
At 10:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have no friends Al,

go to another blog you gatecrashing fucking loser.

 
At 11:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop attacking Dr Gonzo.

Today Gonzo, tommorow it could be you.

I stand with the Doctor.

 
At 1:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When's Chris coming over Timmy?

Is Pete coming too?

You are the coolest.

 
At 11:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh!
wrong again Dr. Gonzo.
I have friends....YOU are my friend. I will no longer attack you. I will attack Yail Bloor instead....

 
At 12:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Timmy,

I think Chris is here. You guys should get some Pizza.

When's work? I wonder what Reena will be wearing.....

 
At 1:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack thinks you're all fucking flithy animals. Jack beleives you all live within cum-shot distance of each other, and yet you communicate via the internet. How nerdy of you all. Jack now has a hard-on.

*Jack giggles furisiously*

Now, Jack says for you all to have one big gang bang, tape it, and upload it to the internet for Jack to giggle over.

For some reason, Jack feels insufficiently flithy....

 
At 1:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Jack playing netball this year?

We need Jack as our Goal Defender.

 
At 8:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u are ugly

 
At 9:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well nurse betty has now retreated...interesting!
i would like to retract my previous statement and now admit that Dr. Gonzo is in fact quite attractive...one of the best looking doctors around. I salute you Dr.Gonzo....apologies for before. Perhaps we can become friends on the blog as we are in real life!

 
At 10:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Koskov, where did this interview come from, the characters sound familiar. Your interview format is interesting, I think it has great potential.

I stand with Timmy, who I had abused in previous posts. He is both my friend and lover, and I salute him. My full apologies, I have disgraced a man who has graced my life.

I thank also those who apologised for their ruthless attack upon my person, and will consider their proposals.

Regards,

 
At 10:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have officially retired from the blog, as it has reached a level of commentary that is too personal and offensive.

I rarely read or write to this blog, but it seems to have become nothing more than a venting point for personal frustration, anxiety and anger. If your life is a little screwed up, if you have the emotional maturity of a nine-year-old when it comes to relationships and semi-intimate social interaction (even on the internet), if you feel a bit down about something, please don't take it out on others.

Peace to you all, this Seven is now none.

Tim Graham.

 
At 10:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

to sarajevo, sorry im actually a friend and when people start yacking things get out of hand, wasnt meant to hurt anyone. when written no one was trying to get a rise out of you we were all happy at the time and having fun. sorry once again.

 
At 11:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have discussed my career on this blog with Sarajevo Seven, and have decided, with his consultation, that the level of abuse directed towards both myself and Sarajevo Seven (Tim Graham) makes posting and reading unenjoyable.

I admit mistakes in attempting to uncover the identity of Nurse Betty, particularly with the abuse I directed towards Tim, albeit with extreme provocation. I have decided that my own actions make my posting position untennable. Again, I apologise to Tim.

I also ask those who post on this site to return to the original format of to commenting on articles/making random observations, rather than directing invidious personal attacks towards fellow posters.

My love to all those who supported the Doctor. If any of you ever need me, all you have to do is whistle, and you know how to whistle, don't you baby.

Regards,

 
At 11:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Koskov,

I think we should start a petition to bring back Sarajevo Seven and Dr Gonzo.

The Dr is cheap, he'll return with one signature.

 
At 11:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello out there to all!!!
I wish everyone to come back, be calm and possibly use the comments section for discussing the articles until everyone can be a little more civilised. It would make me very happy to see The Sarajevo Seven and Dr. Gonzo return to their former glory. They offered numerous anecdotes that were extremely entertaining and witty. They will surely be missed if they do not return. I'm sure several fellow posters would agree with me...
To the sarajevo Seven and Dr. Gonzo...I implore you to return!
All my love....

 
At 12:03 am, Blogger Biggles said...

Hello, everyone.

It has been a long and unfortunate night for the comments section on this blog. Although I generally leave the comments section be unless the comment directly addresses something brought up in the post, I feel I am in a unique position to mediate in today's matter (and by mediate I mean blackmail you all into behaving yourselves).

I would like to start by saying that you're all lovely. I don't honestly believe that anybody here wrote anything for any reason other than to amuse themselves for a minute or two.

I agree with Al in that only a couple of months ago we had settled in a very pleasant commenting niche where flippant remarks about the post's content were offered by a host of interesting and different characters. I would like to see those days return.

I would also like to point out that, although I'm not a precious or egotistical person in the least, the fact that when people refer to the 'blog' these days, what they are actually referring to is the comments section, irritates me. Whilst this blog is probably best described and viewed as 'silly', it quite often takes me over an hour to write a post and I care just enough about what I write to make me want people to at least acknowledge the content.

I'm tired and grumpy but rest assured, you are all lovely. I will post again soon. It's time for a fresh start. All posters are invited back. Do as you please.

Goodnight children.

 
At 4:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Koskov-koskov,

having perused the transcript of your interview with O'Reilly, i believe that you are a desirable employee, and thus put forward a proposal that you join Stealth as oppose to PI O'Reilly.

I have found a remarkable skill in you, your coughing would be indispensable to Stealth and I certainly see a bright and prosperous future for you with us.

I have to admit we are a larger organisation in comparison to the one man O'Reilly, and this may not suit your taste. However, there are several perks to being part of a larger oranisation - holiday benefits, an extensive range of assignments, the motivation of an office with a river view when you have climbed the corporate ladder and most importantly the opportunity to pin the blame on somebody else.

I am sure you understand that I am unable to guarantee that you will be better off with Stealth, but strongly urge you to consider the proposal nonetheless.

I look forward to your response.

Warmest regards,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home