Koskov-Koskov's Dwelling of Enjoyment

This is my dwelling of enjoyment. If you hate people who wear fcuk t-shirts and enjoy low quality community television - this might be the place for you.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

My First Interview For Young Scientist Magazine

Hey everyone - I got my second journo job working for Young Scientist mag (my job description is Brisbane 'correspondent'). I did my first interview with this really cool engineer who works in off-shore wind farms. Thought I'd post it here. Enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------

Yuri: Today I have with me Dr. Marcus Lobo, who has been operating South East Queensland's most prosperous off-shore wind farm. How are you Dr. Lobo?

Dr. Lobo: I'm good thanks, but not as good as our off-shore wind farms! [laughter] And you?

Yuri: I'm feeling very well. Tell me about your qualifications and how you got into the industry?

Dr. Lobo: It all started during my TAFE days when I was sitting in my window-washing class just watching water drip down the windows and evaporate. It dawned on me that we may be in a water shortage, but we have an EXCESSIVE amount of wind! I put 2 and 2 together (2 and 2 being wind and my window washing qualifications) and I immediately moved into off-shore wind farming.

Yuri: How has the industry advanced in the last decade?

Dr. Lobo: Well, wind farming really is a rare breed of power generations these days, but the demand for designer wind has increased 10 fold since air was first discovered in the early eighties.

Yuri: Do you like wind?

Dr. Lobo: I LOVE wind. Thats why I farm it!

Yuri: Did you watch Neighbours last night?

Dr. Lobo: Yes! I actually payed for a bit of product placement in that CPR revival scene. It really helped the image of my product. The man that died, having drowned hours before, was magically revived using my wind! Now I'm getting emails from hospitals across the country, asking for the 7 secret spices of my wind.

Yuri: Do you like Harold? I like Harold. Do you like him?

Dr. Lobo: Harold is old school. He insists on using home brand wind. But little does he know that every time he dies and comes back to life (which is every season), it was all thanks to my off-shore wind farms.

Yuri: I think Joe is a very silly character. What do you think?

Dr. Lobo: Joe is very silly. The time he died in a car crash and came back to life the next week was amazing. I'm hoping to find out what happens next week when he dies in a fire.

Yuri: I think he will actually die this time.

Dr. Lobo: I think he will too! I hope he doesnt because he's a main character!

Yuri: Do you think that Skye is promiscuous?

Dr. Lobo: WINDEED, what a slut! [laughter]

Yuri: Well, I for one like wind. You farm wind. I like you. Thank you Dr. Lobo.

Dr. Lobo: Call me 'Marcus'

Yuri: Thank you Marcus.

Dr. Lobo: OK.

------------------------------

4 Comments:

At 11:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Koskov,

I enjoyed your last blog, especially considering Dr Lobo is an aquaintance of mine. I met met him at a conference and took him to lunch, and by took him to lunch I mean I had sex with him.

Regards,

 
At 6:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's Dr Lobo?....what are his credentials? why did you have sex with him? was he good?..I hate neighbours...all the girls are slags and all the guys are inbred morons!

 
At 6:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's Dr Lobo?....what are his credentials? why did you have sex with him? was he good?..I hate neighbours...all the girls are slags and all the guys are inbred morons!

 
At 7:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apologies for posting twice!...I hate myself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home