Koskov-Koskov's Dwelling of Enjoyment

This is my dwelling of enjoyment. If you hate people who wear fcuk t-shirts and enjoy low quality community television - this might be the place for you.

Friday, June 24, 2005

My Interview with DJ Kreme

Hello everyone. I interviewed a DJ from Canada recently. I had to write a transcript for this one to assist me with the article writeup so I thought I'd put the transcript up here. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------

Yuri: This is journalist Yuri Koskov-Koskov. Who am I speaking to?

Man: Ah, it's Robert here.

Yuri: Oh. Does DJ Kreme live there?

Man: I'm DJ Kreme.

[nervous laughter]

Yuri: So what are you doing?

DJ Kreme: Ah, just sitting around.

Yuri: OK. Ah, so... I like your CD.

DJ Kreme: Thanks.

Yuri: So tell me about the Canadian DJ scene.

DJ Kreme: Well clubs ring me up, I turn up with my decks and records and I play music for the patrons all night with a view to making them dance.

Yuri: Ah, that's interesting

DJ Kreme: Not really.

Yuri: Well, I guess it isn't.

DJ Kreme: Why not?

Yuri: Um... [nervousness] so, ah, what colour are your decks?

DJ Kreme:
Grey.

Yuri: Oh, really?

DJ Kreme: Yep.

Yuri: Well, grey is a good colour isn't it? Because it's not too dark and it's not too bright. It's kind of nicely in between.

DJ Kreme: Well I just bought them because it's quality equipment.

Yuri: Of course.

[10 second silence]

Yuri: So, ah, do you like being a DJ?

DJ Kreme: Yeah

Yuri: Cool.

[15 second silence]

Yuri: Um... yeah. I guess that's it.

DJ Kreme: You're a fucking hack.

[end of call]

3 Comments:

At 12:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am shocked to see no comments: is the boycott due to Jack still in place.

I was talking to a guy at a party the other night who said that he buys cocaine off of Ric Burnett's (the guy who hosts Extra at 5:30 on Channel 9) son. He went in to buy it, Ric Burnett walked in and did a line then walked out again.

A story like that has got to be true.

 
At 6:46 pm, Blogger Biggles said...

that is the single best story i've ever heard; EVER. I'm not joking.

 
At 6:47 pm, Blogger Biggles said...

i once attended a birthday lunch and Bruce Paige turned up. He was wearing sunglasses and jogging gear and didn't make an effort to meet anyone at the party except for the one or two people he was acquainted with.

I don't think this story quite compares - but defaming channel 9 brisbane news personalities is a fun enterprise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home