Koskov-Koskov's Dwelling of Enjoyment

This is my dwelling of enjoyment. If you hate people who wear fcuk t-shirts and enjoy low quality community television - this might be the place for you.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Writer's Block

I am tentative to call myself a 'writer' because it implies that I believe that the garbage I post on this blog amounts to something resembling professionalism. Nevertheless, with petty insecurities about being viewed as egotistical aside, I think I have some kind of 'writer's block'.

Why has this occurred? I have several theories:

1. I have problems with commiting to one idea or style of expression for an extended period of time. This is why I will never write a novel or a screenplay - there's no way I could stick to one idea for more than a few days at a time and suspend my disbelief in the fact that what i'm writing is racoon-faeces and basically just not worth the time or effort. Blogging quells this problem to an extent as I am able to change style and content each time I post but I still expect that there are some remnants of this issue which extend to the blogging universe.

2. Perhaps nothing is really annoying me at the moment. When Jerry made a remark about a button and George replied 'you've said that before' in the final ever episode of Seinfeld, the implication was that his muse for material had disappeared or dried up and the show had to cease as a result. Perhaps something similar has happened here. A large part of my material arises from a few exaggerated quibbles with life. Maybe I have no quibbles anymore? Is quibble a word?

3. Perhaps a lack of time is a problem. I am currently entering the end of a uni semester, reviewing for street press, busy making music with two bands, writing a sitcom and playing a hell of a lot of Tiger Woods 2004. Oh my god! I've got such an interesting life. You must all think i'm so cool. I'm a wanker.

4. I have no penis. Perhaps having no penis is stopping me from being a man and standing up to my duties as an extremely popular blogger. No penis.

Give me your input. I value it to an extent.

8 Comments:

At 11:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack says what the fuck.
Jack has not even read it yet and is compeled to write about the eye-sore that is the pink colour displayed on Jacks screen.

Jack is so disgusted, that Jack will read the post tomorrow.

 
At 10:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Koskov,

I like pink, I like lefty-pinko's, I like you.

Whenever I am writing my bi-monthly journal, "Milady's Beuviour", and I am stuck after the usual featured articles on "What the well-dressed man is wearing", and "Accessories, Accesories, Accessories", I think to myself, what would Don Lane do in this situation. And do you know what he would do? He would slay the one man who stands between him and his darling. And that's Darryl. The Bretheren stand ready for the slaying, will you be the slayer?

What's that I hear, is that a bell.......

The time is nigh Koskov, the time is nigh....

 
At 11:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

writers block or no writers block, penis or no penis, : i have found all your blogs entertaining. I stupidly assumed that all other blog sites were of the same standard but was sorely dissapointed when i came across pointless drivel regarding several posts that displayed a minute by minute recount of that bloggers day. Fucking useless if you ask me!
You posts however, are enlightening and when occasssion calls for it, readers can comment without feeling like they are adding to the insurmountable drivell that other bloggers tend to produce. FUCK ALL OTHER BLOGGERS! YOU ARE MY HERO!

ps I am with Jack on the new colour...its bloody disgusting....change it back...CHANGE IT BACK!

 
At 11:08 pm, Blogger Biggles said...

i won't be changing the colours of my blog back any time soon. I take pride in the fact that my artistic vision for this blog is unmarred by alterations due to negative public reaction. I want pink. It stays pink.

Pink.

 
At 11:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother was pink. I stand with ye on this matter, fighting white supremacy, and the kingdom of Darryl.

Kill him Koskov, kill him. Kill him for me.

 
At 11:33 pm, Blogger Biggles said...

and what if the servants should hear us in our plotting?

 
At 12:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then we'll introduce them to Mr Pointy. That's what I call my stake. That's because it's a a pointy stake. It cuts. Darryl bleeds.

Beware the ides of march. Beware the Bretheren.

I am the Annointed One. You are the slayer. Fulfill your duty.

Tick tick tick...

The time is nigh.

 
At 1:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yargh! Pink is for pussies. Youre a pussy pink pansey!

Yargh! you say you have no penis, i have no legs! yargh!

to sea you scurvy dogs. Make the girl walk the plank. yargh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home