Koskov-Koskov's Dwelling of Enjoyment

This is my dwelling of enjoyment. If you hate people who wear fcuk t-shirts and enjoy low quality community television - this might be the place for you.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

4 Minor Celebrities Who You Should Learn to Love

1. Jaimie Leonarder



Jaimie Leonarder is one of the members of SBS' new generation Movie Show film reviewing team. Despite spending a majority of the first season being snubbed by Megan Spencer, not to mention having to contend with Fenella Kernebone's lack of chemistry with anyone, Jaimie's wit and freakish ability to come up with tabloid-standard puns on the fly has made him an outstanding figure in my TV room and my dreams.

Quote:
When reviewing The Pacifier: "It sucks. This film is for dummies."

2. Ken Rosenberg

Ken Rosenburg is Brisbane street press giant Rave's resident CD singles reviewer. Some people may say i'm getting ahead of myself here, but I am confidently predicting that Rosenberg is on the verge of pioneering what will be the most significant revolution in journalism since Hunter S. Thompson's Gonzo revolution. Where Thompson injected himself and much subjectivity into the events he was supposed to be covering, Rosenberg has taken this a large step further. Shying away from any objectivity or even any dedication to the task at hand, Rosenberg frequently writes entire reviews which fail to mention the CD being reviewed or anything at all to do with it. Can you even call that journalism? Journalism, Shmournalism.

Quote:
From his review of Evermore's 'Dreams': "If Larry Emdur asked me what I thought Evermore was worth, I would say 'sweet fuck all'. I wish that had actually happened so that at least then I could tell people about it at parties - if I ever went to any."

3. Fenella Kernebone



Every woman should be like Fenella Kernebone. She's pleasant, dignified, respects everyone's opinion and she hangs out with Jaimie Leonarder. Women are too shit these days. They're all out of control. All they want to do is dance and have anal sex in toilets. Today's women need a role model - and I think Fenella should be it. Having said that, Fenella might not be as cool as I've assumed her to be. I don't really know her that well. Nevertheless, I love her and I intend to marry her.

Quote:
"What did you think of the film, Jaimie?"


4. Graham Linehan



Why Graham Linehan isn't widely acknowledged alongside Larry David as the most unique and downright halarious comedy writer alive is completely beyond me. Though best known for his work on Father Ted, his output since then (particular once he took up directing his own writing) has been some of the most fresh, inspired comedy that I've ever bare witness to. The inaugural seasons of Black Books and Big Train (both of which he directed and co-wrote) are quite simply the two funniest things to come out of Britain since Blackadder. If there's any sense left in the entertainment world, his distinctive comic idea of taking a surreal and ridiculous situation and playing it out with the straightness and subtlety of a film drama will start a revolution in comedy. Why isn't this man revered as a god? What the fuck is wrong with everyone?

Quote:
"Apparently Porsus from the Wong-Gong Galaxy was reaching up for some sparkling water last week and did his back in." - Rolex in Big Train

p.s. my apologies to Megan Spencer for putting every member of the Movie Show crew in this list bar her. I hope she doesn't get too offended because I think she's grouse.

9 Comments:

At 11:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack did not know who any of these fools are. Jack now knows them from reading the inspiring russian's words, and these are Jacks conclusions:

-Jamie is with-it if he reviews the right movies, nothing shits Jack more than having having someone review a genre they dont like, therefore always giving unfair grades to otherwise good movies.
-Jack knows nothing about Ken or music, so if the white russian says hes in, then hes in.
-Jack still doesnt know who Fenella is, but from her picture, Jack wants to put his cock in her mouth. Besides, Jack thinks with a name like that she deserves it.
-Jack thinks Graham Linehan should be knighted. His comedy is pure genius. simple.

And Jack says that Megan Spencer should be happy with just having her name mentioned.
Nice gratuitous use of grouse though.

 
At 7:04 pm, Blogger Biggles said...

how come when I write a stupid post which only takes 10 minutes to write, I provoke enthusiastic discussion in the comments section - but when I spend 2 hours writing an interesting post, nobody except for loyal Jack cares?

What is wrong with you all?

 
At 7:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't watch the movie show on SBS with annoying people who don't know anything about movies. I probably wouldn't respond to a blog about 'Strictly Dancing', or whatever, with Darrel Summers, unless you started stealing my Ozzy material again.

Anyway, love your blog.

Maybe one day we'll meet!!!!

Thanks for your site.

You are awesome.

 
At 7:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I want to meet you too.

You sound fit.

Are you really a 6 G.P.A.?

I want you.

Regards.

 
At 1:04 am, Blogger Biggles said...

well you asked for a post about my favourite celebrities and I delivered. And I believe I delivered quite well.

Felony or treat.

 
At 12:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh a treat baby.

I'd like to meet you in person. I could even do some odd jobs around your house. Maybe I could fix your sink. And by fix your sink, I mean I'll have sex with you.

Great site. Just great.

Regards.

 
At 2:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Koskov could you meet at Joseph's at 4 today for drinking and fun at the Alley Bar.

 
At 2:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The post was interesting, but I have no opinion on it.

I neither think you are right nor wrong, and have nothing helpful to say.

 
At 3:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Koskov,

I think I lost your number (again!).

Anyway, next Friday is the Turkish New Year, and we are all going to the Sauna in the Valley. Tony and Raul are taking care of the limosine.

See you at 8.00!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home