Koskov-Koskov's Dwelling of Enjoyment

This is my dwelling of enjoyment. If you hate people who wear fcuk t-shirts and enjoy low quality community television - this might be the place for you.

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Mark Lobo and Yuri Koskov-Koskov discuss Donnie Darko

Reviewers Comments...

Mark: Yuri, I really felt a strong bond with the characters in this film I felt they all had an individual story and all fit together perfectly. A great modern day film.

Yuri: Really? Well to be honest, I didnt like it. I found the film very pretentious and basically not at all what i expected. And in the case of this film, I really thought that this was a bad thing.

Mark: [shakes head] I have to strongly disagree with you on that. You can’t judge a film by the disappointment you experience based on false and unreasonable expectations, perhaps due to your tendency to get sucked in by every movie trailer you see. The movie was great.

Yuri: I wasn’t sucked in by a movie trailer. I just thought the whole thing was inappropriate. Normally I would praise a director for being brave enough to make a sequel which is wildly different to its predecessors - but I thought this was comically bad to be honest

Mark: What on earth are you talking about?

Yuri: I just thought it was a silly continuation of the series and Frank the rabbit was a very poor way to compensate for Doc not being in the film.

Mark: Did you even understand the film? Why are you talking about Doc?

Yuri: I just thought it was disappointing that he wasn’t in the film. They could have at least got Leah Thompson back to play McFly’s mother.

Mark: MCFLY? God, Yuri……. I knew you were a bit dim, but seriously; how could you possibly mistake Donnie Darko for a Back to the Future Sequel?

Yuri: What? You mean it wasn’t?

Mark: You fool! The fact that both movies have a common element of time travel doesn't make it a sequel! If that were the case then Legally Blonde would be considered a sequel to The Firm! WOULDN’T IT! [bangs fist on coffee table]

Yuri: well, either way, Jake Gyllenhaal is no Michael J. Fox.

Mark: Idiot… anyway, I loved this film; I give it a GPA of 7. Full marks. Yuri?

Yuri: I was going to give this movie a GPA of 2 but in light of this new information, I think I’m going to have to go watch it again


[station close]

13 Comments:

At 9:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donnie Darko was one of the best films ever made. I too give it a 7! I also think that 'Mad World' should get a mention.

 
At 1:16 pm, Blogger Biggles said...

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Steve Menzies on once again making the NSW State of Origin side, a full decade after his first appearance.

 
At 5:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yuri i notice there is no link to mexicocityfires.blogspot.com or brooklynwallpaper.blogspot.com on your site - is that because you hate me?

nick

 
At 5:41 pm, Blogger Biggles said...

i realise that you are actually somebody posing as nick - but i'll answer the question anyway.

At the time when I was putting up the links (only a few weeks ago) Nick had just told me that he was abandoning mexicocityfires, so I didn't link it. It had not occurred to me to link brooklynwallpaper. perhaps i should.

 
At 6:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al, do you like the office and have very little alcohol tolerance?

 
At 6:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

Congrats also to Menzies - although his includion now bizarrely represents NSW going for an even smaller bench, he should always have been there in my opinion.

 
At 7:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack says bah to such a silly non-sensical film, although Jack's opinions are bias due to the fact that Jack has not seen the movie in question.

And Jack would also like to point out that Queensland won the first state or origin. so Jack says hah! to all of the cockroaches out there.

 
At 7:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was your latest NUMA adventure Dirk?
Interesting you should ask those questions?
I find very little amusement in watching the office. Although i admit there are a few phrases from the office that should be used when entertaining guests on a Saturday night. I assume that most of them have already been 'coined' by fanatical viewers (a pale red head and a russian)and must therefore be referenced. Why bother quoting the office at all....?
Regarding my alcohol tolerence...
It is just fine considering, when intoxicated I dont do any of the following:
Play air guitar to the white stripes
Drink 50 beers behind a pillar at uni
Drink in solitude
Throw up on someone/vice versa
Become a total psycho!
Be accosted by beautiful women! WHY...I dont know?

I hope this provides you with the answers you are looking for...

 
At 7:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are we estabishing who Al is?
well i know a few things about Al...
for one, Al doesnt have a big penis.
two, Al also finds very little amusement in watching the office.

 
At 8:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a penis?

 
At 12:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes Al, you have a penis, albit its a very small one, like really really small. unlike my superior specimen!

 
At 8:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys are insane...who the hell is who?

 
At 8:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the pink, my website is pink too
www.maskemusic.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home