Koskov-Koskov's Dwelling of Enjoyment

This is my dwelling of enjoyment. If you hate people who wear fcuk t-shirts and enjoy low quality community television - this might be the place for you.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

The Official List of the Worst People in the World - Part 1

Peter Helliar



Peter Helliar epitomises everything that's wrong with the world today. What kind of a world do we live in where the only criteria someone needs to meet in order to become a successful comedian is that you're a smug moron? Seriously, watch anything that Helliar does. He's never said anything remotely funny in his entire life but you put him on Rove Live with his smug fat face and people assume just because he's affable and smiles a lot that he's a funny guy. Why are people so fucking stupid? I'm serious - there is NOTHING funny about Peter Helliar or Rove Live. It's not even a question of taste in comedy or anything - it's a scientific fact that Peter Helliar is NOT FUNNY. The only way anybody could find him funny is if they've literally been oblivious to any other comedy in their entire lives. And what about Tom Gleeson? I can't even bring myself to write a paragraph about Gleeson because I just get frozen with rage thinking about his face. I hate him so much. And Helliar. I hate them both so fucking much. I fucking HATE them.

Ben Lee



For those of you have have clearly led a more fortunate life than me thus far, Ben Lee is the pretentious git who can be heard far too often on Triple J being pretentious and singing about how interesting he thinks he is. I hate him so much. Every time one of his songs comes on the radio, he sucks away 4 valuable minutes of my life. In fact make that 9 minutes because I have to spend 5 minutes reassuring myself that there are still some worthwhile people in the world. Seriously, if I wanted to sit around and listen to self-absorbed drivel then i'd write down all my insecurities on a piece of paper and record myself dictating them. Then i'd save it as an mp3 and put it as the sole track on my Winamp player and set it to 'repeat'. In fact that would be significantly more entertaining than listening to a Ben Lee record.

If Ben Lee wants to mope around in a recording studio, write conceited songs and talk to journalists about himself and little details of his life - then that's fine with me. But what I really hate is that by being an overrated dickhead who stupid people assume is intelligent and interesting just because he's got a quirky face and strikes ornate poses for the camera in his videoclips - he is making a good living, is probably successful with women and worst, of all, probably feels like his success justifies his personality. And not only does Ben Lee think that his success justifies being self-obsessed and acting like people actually care about what he thinks - all the people who like and respect him believe the same thing. Thanks to Ben Lee, we're one step closer to completely fucking up the planet. I hate him so fucking much. I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him. I fucking HATE him.

more shockers to come...

6 Comments:

At 2:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you hate Helliar so much? He's done nothing that wrong...Im not saying hes the best, he quite mundane and ordinary as far as comedians go, but it is your list, so fire away!

But i suppose you are the type of person who like Tom Green?
I hope he makes your list.

 
At 5:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bevan the Musical had its moments.

Nonetheless, Helliar is a complete git, and Rove is a terrible, terrible show.

 
At 6:12 pm, Blogger Biggles said...

In response to anonymous' comment - you answered your own question. I hate Helliar because he is so mundane and ordinary yet is famous and successful and appears on one of the nation's top rating shows. A good percentage of the population is more interesting and funny then Helliar and couldn't even dream of the life he's been given through his comedy.

I wouldn't necessarily poke Helliar's eyes out if I saw him in the street (though don't hold me to that) but I am forced to hate him out of principle.

Tom Green, like him or not, was at least an interesting character who pushed the boundaries of television (for better or worse). I won't enter into a debate over whether he is talented or just a git - but at least he had something to offer the entertainment world which was unique.

In response to J. Sinclair - Bevan the Musical did have its moments - although I don't think it is actually as funny as many people, including me, thought at the time it was first played. In any case, Helliar's contribution added little to the humour and, in fact, he almost ruined it by spending a majority of the recording session laughing at stuff tripod were singing.

 
At 8:12 pm, Blogger Biggles said...

some very viable names in that list. I was actually going to include a rant about Corrinne Grant in my rant about Helliar. I've got a few things to say about her - perhaps they'll come out at another time.

Kyle Sandilands is probably an even worse human being than Helliar or Ben Lee. I doubt, however, I could ever find the words to do justice my dislike of the man. Rumsfeld may be in the same boat.

I kind of like Bill O'Reilly though. Well, not really. But he entertains me. He is such a complete penis that I can't help but be entertained by him. I can't say the same for Helliar or Ben Lee, who fail to have any redeeming features.

 
At 10:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grant is the worst person on television.

Joanna Griggs (formerly Sweet) probably needs to be added on their. How someone with no discernable skills is now a general personality capable of commentating any mainstream sporting event defies reason.

Janet Albrechtsen should not be included in my mind. She is no doubt controversial, and opinionated, but that is precisely what she sets out to do, and precisely why people read her. Any arguments made in support of Tom Green will support her exclusion - probably far more so.

If you place any value of freedom of political expression, thought and argument then you have to acknowledge Albrechtsen's contribution. I loathe her politics, and her style is annoying. But she fuels the fires in the heart of the left far more effectively than, for example, Phillips Adams sometimes gratuitous drivel.

In short - she is an opinion writer - and a good one.

 
At 10:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack believes and always will believe that Tom Green is a fool, not a good type of fool, but the bad type.

Kor-in's laugh is hideous - execution no. 1

and j.sinclair is right, Griggs used to be in, now she is a huge over-rated tryhard!

Every other name mentioned, Jack does not know who they are, so they can executions 2 through to 8.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home