Koskov-Koskov's Dwelling of Enjoyment

This is my dwelling of enjoyment. If you hate people who wear fcuk t-shirts and enjoy low quality community television - this might be the place for you.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

You're Going to Become More Interesting Yet

Koskov-Boyd's Amusing Remark #1 (plus follow-up remark):
"Popcorn must have the biggest profit margin of any product of any description, don't you think? I mean, you pay 5 dollars for a little bucket of the stuff - but what are the raw ingredients? Corn and heat? I think a majority of the production costs probably go into paying those labourers to pick out those corn kernels one by one. That must be a fun job."

"Tell me if i'm wrong, but popcorn must surely be the only confectionary item which can be successfully and easily made on a subsistence farm. Providing you don't want salt on it of course- although you could have it buttered if you had a cow. Where does salt come from anyway? What an odd substance."

Why and where would this remark work?
I'll start of with the where question. I initally devised this as material to use when going to the movies with someone. However, now that I think about it, it could be equally amusing out of context (if not more so). Providing your delivery is good, this material is basically guaranteed to work and may even incite further conversation on the subject.
If the person(s) you are with find subsistence farming homour as amusing as I do, then the second comment is sure to be met with a huge abundance of hysterical laughter. Unfortunately, I don't believe the subsistence-farming-humour-loving demographic is that vast at the moment (though I intend to rectify the situation).

2 Comments:

At 8:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack is lead to believe that salt comes from rocks. As far as Jack knows, this is any old rock, but Jack believes he has been told a lie.

 
At 9:56 pm, Blogger Biggles said...

yeah, i think the whole tone of the rant comes from me watching too much Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home